Subscribe to me on YouTube
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Tarantulas.co.za forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Albino tarantula???

Pin It

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61379

• Roan
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi guys just wandering you get albino snakes, albino lions and albino alligators do you get a albino tarantula???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Facebook Comments

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61383

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61385

www.tarantulasus.com/showthread.php/4710-Albino-Tarantula

answer out of the post :

Albinism (from Latin albus, "white"; see extended etymology, also called achromia, achromasia, or achromatosis) is a congenital disorder characterized by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes due to absence or defect of tyrosinase, a copper-containing enzyme involved in the production of melanin. .............. While an organism with complete absence of melanin is called an albino ( /ælˈbaɪnoʊ/
Found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albino

Tyrosinase

.............Tyrosinase, refers to an oxidase, which is the rate limiting enzyme for controlling the production of melanin. It is mainly involved in two distinct reactions of melanin synthesis...........
found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosinase

Melanin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

Spiders are one of the few groups in which it has not been detected.
Melanin Not found in the spider = no albino's possible due to not being a defect

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61391

• Huzaifah
  • Thank you received: 80
Yes there is haplopelma albinostriatum :lol:
Just a joke :laugh:

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61400

• Brynn Lurie
  • Thank you received: 96
Technically speaking, it would be impossible for any exo-skeletal creature to be an albino (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Albinism is caused by a deficiency of melanin which is stored in the skin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes which are in the basal layer of the epidermis. Since tarantulas have no "skin" and therefore no epidermis they cannot lack melanin and cannot be albinos.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ani Ohev Achvishim!

Albino tarantula??? 1 year 8 months ago #61402

Panama wrote:
Technically speaking, it would be impossible for any exo-skeletal creature to be an albino (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Albinism is caused by a deficiency of melanin which is stored in the skin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes which are in the basal layer of the epidermis. Since tarantulas have no "skin" and therefore no epidermis they cannot lack melanin and cannot be albinos.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, wrong, crabs and snails have exo-skeletons and you do get albino crabs and snails.... Weird
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Tarantupedia™ Stats

Total Views: 791482
Total Ratings: 3249