Subscribe to me on YouTube
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Tarantulas.co.za forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feeding Slings

Pin It

Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36202

• JustinM
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys,

I wanted to buy a brazilian white knee tarantula this afternoon, but decided against as I couldnt figure out how I would go about feeding the poor thing.

I was less than 1cm in size?

Can anyone assist with this?

In the interim I have added a mexican fire leg (b.bohemia) to my collection.. I can now see that this hobby is addictive.

Thanks,
Justin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Facebook Comments

Re: Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36203

• Friedrich
  • I've got tarantula fever!
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey. You feed them miniature crickets called pinheads. Best and easiest is to 'sprinkle' the pinheads (2-3) into the Tarantula's enclosure. It's quite impractical having only 1 sling of that size to feed, because the pinheads grow quicker than the Tarantula, and before you know it your crickets are too big to feed to the sling, and you have to buy new pinheads. O.O

It's worth it to see them grow from such a small size though!

Re: Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36210

• Darren
  • Thank you received: 51
Hey if you search for feeding slings located at the top of the page you will find 4 or 5 good threads on this, many different ways to feed +-1cm spiders
South Africa

Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36224

• JustinM
He he, thanks friedpet... This us the problem I'm facing now with crickets being too big for my new sling. They grow as fast as grass it seems.

I bought a golden knee s few weeks ago, which is about 5cm. She can eat those crickets and I'll have to get pinheads for the fire leg.

I'd like to get a white knee next and will probably need the smallest pin heads as possible.

The pet shop assistant mentioned cutting meal worm into smaller pieces for the slings? Will thus work? I doubt a T will eat something that is dead?

Thanks again for the advice.

Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36225

• JustinM
spinnerkop wrote:
Hey if you search for feeding slings located at the top of the page you will find 4 or 5 good threads on this, many different ways to feed +-1cm spiders

Thanks Spinnerkop, I'll have a look tomorrow as I am SUPER keen to get a white knee in the future and probably many more slings in the future.

Thanks again

Re: Feeding Slings 2 years 10 months ago #36234

jusman18 wrote:
The pet shop assistant mentioned cutting meal worm into smaller pieces for the slings? Will thus work? I doubt a T will eat something that is dead?

Nice T's you've got so far. T's will eat dead/ injured pray, just be sure to remove what ever it haven't eaten after 24 hour to prevent mould (Which can be real bad for your T)forming in it's enclosure.

You can also feed the drumsticks of larger crickets to the smaller slings. I have tried this and it works good if you cann't find pinheads.
If you cann't convince them, then confuse them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JustinM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Tarantupedia™ Stats

Total Views: 792030
Total Ratings: 3249