Subscribe to me on YouTube
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CHilli Flame Dwarf.

Pin It

CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53237

:spider: Can anyone help me find a Caresheet for a Chilli Flame Dwarf Tarantula. I Got the little girl this morning but to my disappointment cant find any info on them. She is such a lovely docile little lady.

IMG00096-20120531-1839.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Dave Dawson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Facebook Comments

Re: CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53241

I think the first step would be to learn the scientific name. Information will be much more accurate if you find it on the scientific name as common names are confusing and some share common names or are very similar and easy to mix up. Scientific names are an accurate way of referring to a tarantula.

I can also recommend you read as much information as posted by Stan.
www.tarantulas.co.za/forum/tarantula-general/52309-myths

Will put you on the right track as to how to care for any tarantula.

Re: CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53251

I don't understand why we tell new users to use the scientific names but don't tell them what the correct name is.... Could as well have told him to google it and not answer at all.

The mind boggles to our so called wisdom.
To obtain, Something of equal value must be lost. This is the law of equivalent exchange

Re: CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53254

• BiG DoG
  • Thank you received: 126
@ Onyx

I think the reason why people don't provide scientific names to the people inquiring is because how would they know what spider the person is actually talking about, there might be 5 different species conforming with that common name :reallysick:

as requested the scientific name for your spider might be Euathlus sp "chilean flame" but I don't even wanna go that far

and i would rather say Euathlus sp.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by BiG DoG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanessa

Re: CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53255

• Vanessa
  • "Side? I am on nobody's side ... because nobody is on MY side... little Orc!"
  • Thank you received: 159
Ok, I'm going to take a crack at this :eyepoke: (I'm not an expert, but I decided to waste 20 minutes of my work time to google).

I think Jamex2 is referring to the Euathlus sp. ? (Chilean Flame Rump). I think it is a dwarf species ?

If I'm right, then there should be some information available on Google or on Arachnoboards as to caring, etc for this T. I don't have one, so I can't help you.

Here is a topic on Arachnoboards regarding the care for a Chilean Flame Rump: www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?...Flame-Rump-quot-help

Jamex2 - if this is not your species, then I apologise, I'll waste more time tomorrow if no-one else can help you :)

Any other inputs?
JOIN our Facebook Group! TARANTULA CLUB OF SOUTH AFRICA
www.facebook.com/groups/380299235404604/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Renier Nel

Re: CHilli Flame Dwarf. 2 years 4 months ago #53256

• Huzaifah
  • Thank you received: 83
I too am confused with Euathlus sp ....

I've seen some labled Euathlus sp "red" ,Euathlus sp "fire red" ,Euathlus sp "chili flame" ..are these not the same T ?? :blink:
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Tarantupedia™ Stats

Total Views: 793951
Total Ratings: 3249